About Me
- JH Bell
- Bakersfield, California, United States
- Steam of Conscious Style: 30 Something . . . Husband and Dad . . . Writer . . . Teacher . . . Lover . . . USC Grad . . . Poet . . . Procrastinator . . . Sit Down Comedian . . . Geek . . . Cinephile . . . Anti-Depressant Swallower . . . Reader . . . Watcher . . . Nosey . . . Friend . . . Procurer of Moments.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
11:57 PM |
Edit Post
Last week I finally picked up "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" (5th Edition). Since I consider myself to be such a cinephile it felt only natural I should eventually own this book. At the same time I have been looking for an excuse to get back on a regular writing schedule, so the blog has come into being. I won't pretend I wasn't partially influenced by the film "Julie & Julia". I'm also aware I'm not the first to tackle this book in such a manner, but instead, like Julie Powell, I am using it as an opporunity to write. I have seen approximately 250 of the 1001 movies, and 192 currently grace my shelves, but I will re-watch every movie and probably add several to my collection over the next few years. So, clearly stated, I will watch all 1001 movies on the list and blog about them. My goal is to finish this project before the end of the year 2014.
And Away We Go....
And Away We Go....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Next Reviews
Slacker (1991)
Do The Right Thing (1989)
Wizard of Oz (1939)
Gone With the Wind (1939)
Last Picture Show (1971)
Independence Day (1996)
Psycho (1960)
Do The Right Thing (1989)
Wizard of Oz (1939)
Gone With the Wind (1939)
Last Picture Show (1971)
Independence Day (1996)
Psycho (1960)
0 comments:
Post a Comment