About Me

My Photo
JH Bell
Bakersfield, California, United States
Steam of Conscious Style: 30 Something . . . Husband and Dad . . . Writer . . . Teacher . . . Lover . . . USC Grad . . . Poet . . . Procrastinator . . . Sit Down Comedian . . . Geek . . . Cinephile . . . Anti-Depressant Swallower . . . Reader . . . Watcher . . . Nosey . . . Friend . . . Procurer of Moments.
View my complete profile
Friday, February 5, 2010
So about a month ago I thought I would jump start this blog, but of course as usual I have been dragging my feet. I have already watched 3 films from the 1001, which obviously puts me way behind schedule. My hope is to have those three film commentaries available by the end of this weekend. Of course I like to use work as an excuse, but this time of year, much of my movie watching is consumed by the Award Nominees of the previous year. In the midst of the Awards season I make it my goal to see as many movies that were nominated for major awards (Golden Globes, National Board of Review, etc.), and all of the Academy Award nominees (in every category) before they are handed out on March 7th. The good news this year is even though they have added 5 additional nominees in the Best Picture category, I have already seen 7 of the 10 nominees (still have An Education, Precious, and Blind Side to knock out sometime in the next month. Later this month Tiffany and I should find time to make our 3rd annual trip down to LA to see the Oscar shorts at the Landmark in Westwood (great theater by the way).

In addition to my 1001 reviews I will probably use this blog as a venue for my yearly Oscar predictions and talk about my own personal faves of the past year that were snubbed by the ever unfair Academy (i.e., (500) Days of Summer & Away We Go). So all I can say now is, stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Next Reviews

Slacker (1991)
Do The Right Thing (1989)
Wizard of Oz (1939)
Gone With the Wind (1939)
Last Picture Show (1971)
Independence Day (1996)
Psycho (1960)